Back on the grind in 2015

I can taste the new semester, or at least I can taste my first dinner: two taquitos and a pot of rice with canned beans and corn. I'm looking forward to 17 hours of classes, writing for the DTH, and working 10 hours a week at my on campus job. Oh, and playing the organ, harpsichord, and singing in a choir! Whew, I want to take a nap after just writing that. 

Since it's the new year I've made a list of resolutions that will likely not be kept past Groundhog Day, but perhaps if I write them down, I'll have more success. 

1. To be more organized. I intend to organize documents on my computer in labeled folders by class, and systematically take notes in my notebook. 

2. To start a budget. I'm pretty good at managing my finances, but I want to start recording my purchases and logging where my money goes. 

3. To cook more meals. Last semester I ate meals out, mostly fast food, way too much, which was bad for my wallet and my health. 

4. To exercise more. At least to jump rope and do a few sit-ups and push-ups when I think about it. 

5. To read all my assigned readings. I'm good about reading textbooks at the beginning of the semester, but my enthusiasm for completing homework seems to fade after about three weeks. 


A random rant: 

And lastly, I'm going to go on a brief rant about iPhone games, so please feel free to stop reading at any point, especially if you like Hay Day or Pocket Frogs. I will never understand the allure of virtual games with virtual chores and virtual pay offs. It just doesn't make any sense. Christin was playing Pocket Frogs in the car ride back from Boone, and she glowing with excitement to show us her rare spotted frog. This would have been really interesting had it been a real frog, but the frog lived in "the cloud" and was only as interesting as the clipart on Google images. Not to mention, the game requires you to clean out the frog tank's filter. Complete lunacy. 


Here's to 2015!
-ES 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts