What's in a name?

Hello Readers!
      
I hope you will enjoy reading this blog, which will cover everything from pickles to pipes. Other than clever alliteration, the title encompasses two of my favorite things; I love pickles and I love pipes. No...not like the Native American peace pipe! By pipes I'm referencing those found in an organ, like church organ. Speaking of which,I'm a music minor in school. Often I'll tell people "I'm minoring in organ" which quickly elicits befuddled leers. People must think that I'm referencing hearts, brains, guts and stuff, so then I start frantically playing charades with my imaginary church organ and yelling, "hymns, church, haunted houses!" On the pickle side of things, my favorite pickles are the small ones like baby dills, and if I'm really feeling fancy, then gherkins. There's a French company called Maille that makes the best. They're so delicious, but unfortunately they cost $10.00 a jar, which doesn't quite work on a college budget.  

Signed, 
EJS

A jar of my favorite pickles

Comments

Popular Posts