She Shells Seashells by the Seashore

A calm wind recedes as the ocean's steady undulations whisper towards the sunset. No this is not the beginning of my next erotic romance novel; I'm just describing my time at the beach! Currently I'm on the Episcopal Campus Ministry's beach retreat at Emerald Isle, and wow! Is it fabulous. I've never been to the beach after labor day, but this definitely is the time to go because the weather is absolutely perfect. Usually when you go to the beach in July or August there is an approximate three hour period around sunset that's actually comfortable. But today it's been that perfect sunset temperature all day and there are no crowds to fight.
      Some highlights of the trip have been eating homemade cinnamon raison bread, singing hymns before bead time, and the endless snacking. Cheeze-its and brownies are available at all times, which is a nice reminder of home and our family trips. (Thanks mommy!) Oh, and there's the beach. I went swimming today, but the waves were huge--like 10ft and pummeling the shore, and unfortunately my attempts at body surfing and boogie boarding were perilous at best, so I spent most of my day on the shore. 
      I also just took a very refreshing outdoor shower. It seems like these showers are common in more exotic locations like beach and mountain houses, but I wonder why they don't come standard on houses in general? I think the luxury of lathering with the ambiance on nature should be extended to urban America. Come to think of it, maybe there is a reason for this though, as cars and neighbors may detract a little from the ambiance...

Signed, 
EJS

Here are some pictures from my trip: 


View from our ocean front house






















My green tree frog friend



PSA: I saw this in the bathroom, and it made me
cringe. Really, these are coupons that you can peel off,
and hand to the cashier. This person could've saved a $1!


Got my toes in the water..well almost



Awesome outdoor shower



Comments

Popular Posts