Watch Out!

For my 20th birthday, my parents got me an analog Tissot timepiece, which is their fancy shmancy jewelry store word for watch. At first I was hesitant to wear it--I initially thought watches were mostly suitable for fancy occasions, old people, and corporate Americans--but I quickly realized the convenience and serviceability of wearing a wristwatch. Many people have replaced watches with iPhones, but there are several problems with this. For one thing, pulling out a cellphone to check the time is often inappropriate such as in movie theaters, classes, and during conversations, while glancing at a watch in during these instances is perfectly acceptable and inoffensive. Secondly, using a cellphone to keep the time can be very distracting, as turning them on usually tempts users to check emails, Facebook, etc. And lastly, if you're like me and dates are problem, watches with a date window are a very convenient solution to this dilemma, while having the added benefit of turning you into the cool person tending to such fleeting/interim matters as the date. Watches not only make the wearer look respectable, but they imply many respectable qualities in the wearer. So watch out, maybe one day I'll be an old and fancy businessperson! 


Comments

Popular Posts