Day 4: Planes, Trains, and Travel

Well...we didn't ride any trains today. We did, however, travel back to JFK, which turned out to be another intricate choreography of Mass Transit. We rode a bus this time, but to leave the city, we had to basically drive around the entire perimeter and then underneath the river to New Jersey. The traffic was incredible, and just driving to JFK took over an hour. 

JFK is an amazing airport to say the least. Each airline basically is it's own airport; it's just enormous. The airline greeter spoke Italian, so I practiced my Italian again when checking my bags and getting a ticket. She was really excited because she works with AirFrance and rarely uses her Italian. 

Currently I'm waiting to board the airplane, and I already feel as if I'm in a foreign country. The amount of human diversity is incredible. I've never heard so many different languages spoken in one place. 

Bon Voyage! 
-EJS

Two sleepy heads on the bus to JFK

Inside JFK airport 

Comments

Popular Posts