ECM Beach Retreat 2014 and a New Job

I just got back from Atlantic Beach with my Episcopal Campus Ministry friends. We had a great time boating, beaching, and just relaxing. The retreat weekend could not have been more timely this year because tomorrow I start my first on-campus job. Some back story on that: I have a 7 hour break between my 8 a.m. class and my 4 p.m. class, and the past two weeks I occupied this time with brunches, napping, and thrift store outings. I realized the unrestrained leisure had to end, so I started a job search. I came across a job with the Digital Media Heritage Center through the UNC Library system, which involved digitizing documents, artifacts, and collections materials for museums and nonprofits around the state. After an interview, I was hired! I'm excited but nervous about working through the semester.

Anyways, the beach was amazing. I even checked seeing wild horses off my bucket list. We ate great food (thanks to Rev. Tammy Lee) and there was plenty of snacking, aka candy corn eating. Coastal N.C. is the perfect place for a spiritually centering retreat. Talking to strangers isn't a chore, and people are so relaxed their yards become parking lots. Love is shown everywhere. Sadly, the hours are shorter at the beach, and now I'm back, sitting at my desk completing homework. But at least I feel spiritually prepared for the coming "hell" week.

-EJS


My new favorite souvenir shirt


Beach selfie with my friends Emma and Hayley


A picture of Sam's leg

Comments

Popular Posts