Au revoir Sam!!

Dear Sam,

Three months ago, you introduced yourself to ECM as "Som," the exchange student from England.  Our friendship has grown so much since I learned your name was actually pronounced Sam, or "Saaaaaaaaeeeaaammm" as you say in American.

We had so many great adventures this semester from chilling at Atlantic beach, to singing together, shooting guns, and Thanksgiving-ing together. It's been crazy, fun, and I don't know where I'd be had you and Joe not walked me back after that block party. Thanks for that. And apologies again for my terrible, alcohol-induced British accent, which I'm sure will not be missed.

But there are several things I'll miss when you're back in the UK. I'll miss conversing with you, really about anything. I'll miss singing together, chatting about music, and debating the best composers and compositions. (Hands down, it's Bach.) And I'll miss hanging out, laughing at crazy things, and embarking on late-night, hymn-singing adventures.

You are an awesome person, and I'm so glad you "studied" at Chapel Hill this semester. I know our friendship will bridge continents, and I have absolutely no doubt that we'll keep in touch--even when that means some crazzzyyyyyyy snapchats from yours truly!

Have a safe journey home, and see you in March.

Much love,
Eric

P.S. I'm certain you'll never again sing a piece by John Stainer (Aka "God So Loved the World") without thinking of me.






Comments

Popular Posts