Loving London: Days 3 and 4

So the past two days I've toured London, and it's been really awesome. The wifi is pretty dodgy at the moment, so that's why I haven't been blogging, but I'll briefly summarized what's been going on so far. 

Last night, after checking into my hotel (it's quite posh!), I was walking with my friend back to the tube stop, and I heard church bells ringing. I love going to church, so decided I'd attend their evensong. 

I was waiting for the service to start, and low and behold I see some very familiar faces. The pilgrimage group from Chapel of the Cross turned up, and attended the exact same service, at the exact church in London. I hadn't talked to them before, so the chances of just bumping into them were really  slim. I felt like I'd won the lottery--only the familiar faces lottery. 


A selfie after running into my friend from Chapel Hill. 

Today (Monday) was really exciting. Alex got tickets for a television show, and I got to be part of a live audience. The show was called "Loose Women," and is similar to the American "The View." Being part of a live audience was really fun. There was a crowd raiser guy who kept hyping us up because they wanted of enthusiastic clapping and hopping for the show. The audience was also shown on TV a lot, so I was kinda famous in Britian. Oh and Lady Antebellum was the guest for the day, so I got to watch them from like ten feet away. It was funny watching an interview of American country music artists in Britain. (We weren't allowed to take pictures, but a video should be going on YouTube. And there may be one online) 

Afterward, Alex showed me around the tourist part of London. We were walking by Westminster Abbey when we noticed a lot of security guards and dignitaries. Alex enquired to one of the policeman what was happening, and they said it was a special Commonwealth Service--and the Queen would be arriving. 

So naturally, we waited to watch the royal motorcade. We got to see Will and Kate, Charles and Camilla, and the Queen and Philip. Kate was gorgeous in person and the Queen was wearing a classic peach overcoat and hat. It was really unexpected and exciting to see them--kinda reminded me of the royal wedding. 

The Queen walking in Wesrminster. 


So small--but William and Kate 

This evening, I had tea with Alex before bidding her farewell, and met up with the NC crowd for dinner and a bit more exploration of London. 

Now off to sleep. 
ES 


Comments

Popular Posts